I started my naturalization application in another state and then I moved to Florida. I want to apply for my citizenship again. What can I do?

If you lived in the other state for at least 3 months before filing for naturalization, and your case has not been closed, the case should be able to be transferred to the immigration office that has decision-making power for your new residence in Florida.

If the case was closed or terminated because you did not do anything else with the case after moving, then you would want to speak with a lawyer about what can be done or plan on filing a new naturalization application with new filing fees.

If you have any questions regarding immigration, please feel free to call me, immigration attorney Shawn Mesa at (813) 679-5780.

Disclaimer: This information is provided as a public service and not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. Any reliance on this information is taken at your own risk.

Comments on this entry are closed.