I am pregnant and I am a permanent resident with a green card. My husband is living with me in the US and studying using an F-1 student visa. Is there any way for my husband to get a green card faster because I am pregnant with his child?

If your husband is already living in the United States, then it is unlikely his request for residency could be done faster under the circumstances.

USCIS will only speed up or expedite your case for only one or more of the following reasons:

Severe financial loss to you or a person;

Emergency situation;

Humanitarian reasons;

Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;

Department of Defense or national interest situation;

USCIS error; or a

Compelling interest of USCIS.

Just because you think at least one of the reasons is met does not mean USCIS will agree with you. You should speak with a qualified immigration lawyer who can advise you.

If you have any questions regarding immigration, please feel free to call me, immigration attorney Shawn Mesa at (813) 679-5780.

Disclaimer: This information is provided as a public service and not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. Any reliance on this information is taken at your own risk.

Comments on this entry are closed.